Multitasking is the norm nowadays. Many feel that the more tasks they have on their to-do list, the more productive they are. However, contrary to what many believe, being productive is not about how many tasks you write down on your to-do list. No matter how detailed your to-do list is, you still end up doing many miniscule tasks that have little to no effect in helping you achieve your goal. One effective way to be productive is by prioritizing. Know the difference between your tasks, which one has the highest importance, which one should be accomplished first, which one can be set aside first, and so on.
We all have the tendency of saying yes to almost every opportunity that comes our way. Although this isn’t a bad thing to do, it is also because of this habit why prioritizing can get a bit tricky. Nevertheless, it can be done. Time passes so quickly. We start the day slow, and end up getting drowned by our numerous work and life tasks. These priority quotes will help you set things straight, get to work, and accomplish tasks one by one.
Importance of setting priorities
If you aren’t sure how to prioritize, let’s take cue from these different personalities— authors, actors, motivational speakers, and businessmen to name a few. May their words serve as that much-needed push to get our thoughts together, and start prioritizing.
1. “Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.”―Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
2. “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”―Stephen Covey
3. “Life is short. Focus on what really matters most; you should change your priorities over time.”―Roy T. Bennett
4. “Our greatest danger in life is in permitting the urgent things to crowd out the important.”–Charles E. Hummel
5. “The Principle of Priority states (a) you must know the difference between what is urgent and what is important, and (b) you must do what’s important first.”―Steven Pressfield, The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks & Win Your Inner Creative Battles
6. “Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.”―Albert Einstein
7. “You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.”―Charles Bixton
8. “It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.”―Bruce Lee
9. “Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions.”―Dallin H. Oaks
10. “Lack of time is actually lack of priorities.”―Timothy Ferris
11. “The root of productivity is in personal priorities. Know what matters to you and why.”―Melissa Steginus
12. “Nobody is ever really too busy. More often than not it’s just a matter of priorities.”―Clyde Lee Dennis
13. “Dear Superwoman,
In case you aspire to succeed in life; your desires, your dreams and your destiny must not come last on your mind.
Know what needs to be a priority and make sure your priorities are not misplaced.
That way, you can be assured, you are on your way to success.”―Gift Gugu Mona, Woman of Virtue: Power-Filled Quotes for a Powerful Woman
14. “One of the best indicators of personal growth is your priority list.”―Christine E. Szymanski
15. “Priorities over conveniences.”―Jatain Neha
16. “When you know what’s most important to you, making a decision is quite simple.”―Anthony Robbins
17. “Our days are like identical suitcases. Even though they are all the same size, some people are able to pack more into them then others. The reason? They know what to pack.”―John C. Maxwell
18. “If your activities don’t match your priorities, you are wasting your life.”―Rick Warren
19. “Subtracting from your list of priorities is as important as adding to it.”―Frank Sonnenberg, Soul Food: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life
20. “Always concentrate on the most valuable use of your time. This is what separates the winners from the losers.”―Brian Tracy
21. “Wise are those who learn that the bottom line doesn’t always have to be their top priority.”―William Arthur Ward
22. “Think of your priorities not in terms of what activities you do, but when you do them. Timing is everything.”―Dan Millman
23. “If it’s a priority, you’ll find a way. If it isn’t, you’ll find an excuse.”―Jim Rohn
24. “Like it or not, the world evolves, priorities change and so do you.”―Marilu Henner
25. “No one is going to hand you an organizational chart. You have to hand it to yourself.”―Robert Genn
26. “Focus on what is most important. Find what truly matters to you. Realign your life with new priorities. Find a new vision, new goals, and a clearer path. Everything else will begin to fall away.”―Akiroq Brost
27. “Instead of saying “I don’t have time” try saying “it’s not a priority,” and see how that feels.”―Laura Vanderkam
28. “Perpetual devotion to what a man calls his business, is only to be sustained by perpetual neglect of many other things.”―Robert Louis Stevenson
29. “You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage – pleasantly, smilingly, unapologetically – to say ‘no’ to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger ‘yes’ burning inside. The enemy of the ‘best’ is often the ‘good’.”―Stephen Covey
30. “Your priorities determine your happiness — place them in order and act on them.”―Francis Shenstone
31. “It is OK to be a little selfish about my priorities.”―Sean Covey
32. “People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. But that’s not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully.”―Steve Jobs
The next time you feel overwhelmed with some of your work and life tasks and goals, go through these priority quotes and get that much needed motivation. Another way for you to set things into priority is by setting a time for your tasks. Other than prioritizing, allotting time for rest or your well-deserved break is important as well. To help account your tasks for the day, use Workingden’s timer and accomplish more of your important goals at work, and eventually in life.